#meetyourmakers: APL Crafts

The very first installment of #meetyourmakers is featuring a charming little shop called APL Crafts pronounced "apple" crafts, by Alicia Baines. If you take look through the virtual windows of the APL Crafts shop you will see some admirably handcrafted wares; beautifully crochet and knitted treasures.  There are sweet baby blankets, colorful wash cloths, and some cozy hats and scarves.  My personal favorites are the dainty shawls that drape strikingly down the back, that would be perfect additions to office attire or even a cover up on a fresh spring day. Two of the shop favorites running right now is the adorable little sea turtle blanket and the pussy hat.

Alicia is a wife and a mother of two, born and in raised in Connecticut where she says, “It’s full of history, museums, and universities. It’s also home to award winning pizza!” A woman after my own heart! Pizza after all includes all the major food groups. 😉  Her handmade business is a full-time endeavor for the last 3 years, where she most enjoys creating shawls and scarves.  She describes herself as, “… a big thinker and over-analyzer. I love to learn new things and will usually volunteer to do something that I’ve never done before just for the experience.”  Aside from crafting Alicia also enjoys writing. Before becoming a full-time maker and APL Crafts owner our featured maker was a Professional Bread Baker for 18 years.

At APl Crafts you’ll find, “Knit and Crochet lace evening accessories, with a little fun stuff in between,” as described by Alicia. In addition to making evening shawls and scarves, APL Crafts also offers vibrantly hand-dyed wool for other knitters and crocheters to use in their very own creations!


Here's a little peek inside the interview with Alicia Baines of Apl Crafts

Where is your favorite place to knit?
  
Tell me about something that you are not good at? Something that challenges you. Or maybe something you desire to be better at.
I would love to be better at color work knitting. It’s basically those cool designs you see in knitted sweaters. I can never get my tension just right and my knitting always comes out tight.

What is your current project? What inspired or spawned the idea?  

What’s the best piece of advice you’ve been given?
Always think about where you want to be in a year, or even 5 years and figure out what steps you need to take to get there. 

If you would like to shop with APL Crafts please stop by and visit the shop on Gypsyspoonful:
or














Comments

  1. I like the handmade pieces from APL Crafts. I love all of the personal touches and attention to detail to make each creation unique and special. These seem great for gifting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this shop love the "story". Gypsy Spoonful is lucky to have her as a vendor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are very lucky to have her and so many vendors just as talented! Thank you for commenting.

      Delete
  3. This was very interesting because I'd never heard of this craft before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really beautiful, I will share that post with my daughter who loves anything and everything about craft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That of course is one of the purposes of the blog; to help get them exposure to people they would not usually come in contact with. Thanks for sharing❤

      Delete
  5. You are so good at what you do. I would love to have a talent and passion such as what you do and your knitting and crochet is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alicia really is talented! Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  6. I like the sound of APL crafts. The pieces look amazing. Love the designs a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love them as well! Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  7. I always like trying new craft ideas with my daughter. I've thought about knitting but I don't even know where to begin with something like that! Maybe its easier just to buy a knitted item! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing about the artisians behind the craft. I have tried knitting before but I am all thumbs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts